| Fenriz (2011) |
Taulu on myös ensimmäisiä niistä, jotka auttoi minut löytämään omanlaiseni työskentelytavan. Lyhyesti se on tehdä mustavalkoinen työ, jonka päälle maalaa värillisen version päälle. Tässä taulussa pelkästään taustaan on lisätty väriä, mutta siltikin laskisin tämän yhdeksi käänteentekijäksi itselläni.
-ENG-
This is one of paintings I did last year. When working last year I used to listen a lot of Darkthrone's F.O.A.D. (fuck off and die) Fenriz is the drummer of Darkthrone and is well-known in black metal scene (fyi). In 2011 I painted mostly cats and after listening the album over and over again I decided to take a step in a different direction and paint this as a tribute to the musician. The picture I used as an example is found in their older album The Cult is Alive. (The only site I found that had the picture tried to put pop-ups, so I didn't put up a link here)
This painting is one of the first that helped me to find my favorite method of making the picture. In brief, it is to make a black and white painting first and then colour it later on. This painting only has colour in the background, but I'd still say this is one of the pivotal paintings for me.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti